While most have the belief that there are no viruses for Mac, but that there is no (as the saying goes). Therefore we want to recommend a free antivirus for Mac called Sophos Anti-Virus, especially for the paranoids who like to have everything under control and not risk infection.
Sophos is a well known security company that provides security software and unsurprisingly must also have a version for Mac
Characteristics of Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac
- Compact and simple to use interface from which you can run on-demand scans for files, folders or drives.
- Schedule periodic scans.
- We can also scan Windows files from the Mac, either by sharing from USB or network, and avoid getting infected early (in Windows).
- Delete or quarantine infected files.
- Real-time protection from the status bar.
- Supports OS X from 10.4 to 10.8.
In our case using Mac for many years without any anti-virus or security tool and never having a problem.
Link: Sophos Anti-Virus